Last updated: 5 October 2020
Your agreement to me
- By using this site, you are agreeing to abide by the terms and rules set forth below.
- You may not hack, attempt to hack, deface, attempt to deface, or otherwise attempt to vandalize or disrupt this site, the server hosting this site, or other services hosted on this server.
- It is your responsibility to occaisionally check this Terms of Service in case it ever changes. Your continued use if this site implies your agreement to the most recent version of this document.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless me and all moderators and administrators of this site, any other person associated with this site, and any and all people posting content to this site (excepting those who post copyright content without permission from the copyright holder) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and/or damages arising from your use of this site.
- The same OpenPGP key that can be used to verify my signatures (see below under "My agreement to you") can also be used to encrypt files and communications intended for me. OTR is also available for encrypting instant messages. If you decide to encrypt your messages to me, it is your responsibility to ensure that your encryption key is made available to me; for instant messages, this is usually done automatically for you by your chat client (assuming it supports OTR encryption), while for emails you will need to attach your OpenPGP key.
- If your messages to me contain sensitive data, you are strongly encouraged to use encryption, and depending on the nature of the sensitive data, I may require the use of encryption before any further communication occurs.
- If you create an account here, your responsibilities include:
- Secure your account using a strong password, and also ensure that the email address linked to your account uses a strong password.
- Do not post anything illegal or illicit, including, but not limited to, pornography, hate speech, political statements, or any content which is commonly viewed as controversial.
- Do not post copyright material for which you do not own copyright, unless you have obtained express written consent from the copyright owner.
- Treat people with basic human dignity. That means no harrasment, threats, sexual advances, behavior or comments intended to make someone uncomfortable, stalking, or other rude behavior.
- Do not spam. That includes, but is not limited to, publicly advertising services, unsolicited private advertisements, and repeatedly posting the same or similar messages.
- The fountain pen community is a truly international and multi-cultural community. Be respectful of cultural differences.
- Do not use overly-abbreviated language such as is common to forum speak, gamer speak, text messaging, "1337 sp33k", etc. Abbreviations for widely-known entities (e.g. the FBI or GCHQ) are permissible.
- It is up to you to decide what to post and what to keep private. I have no control over what you decide to publicize, therefor I hold no responsibility for any lack of privacy stemming from your use of this site.
- Understand that anything you post to this site will be automatically and irrevocably licensed under Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike version 4.0 International. You will, however, retain ownership over all posts and may, at any point, use it under different licensing elsewhere or provide special permissions or licensing on a case-by-case basis.
My agreement to you
- I will do everything reasonably possible to secure this server and keep your private data private. Vulnerabilities do happen, however, and I cannot be held responsible for someone breaking in to my server and stealing your data through the use of a vulnerability that has not been patched in Devuan GNU/Linux or packages provided for it.
- I will not share any of your private data without your express written consent, and it is unlikely that I would ever ask.
- This server uses full-disk encryption to help protect private data. If the server goes down, all data will be inaccessible until I enter the enryption key.
- I will make backups of important server data on a regular basis to facilitate restoration of services in case of server crash or migration. All backups will be encrypted prior to leaving my server and stored on removable media employing full-disk encryption.
- Logs will be kept for up to seven days to facilitate troubleshooting services provided by the server hosting this site; these logs will not be used for any other purpose and will be digitally "scrubbed" after seven days.
- Any email sent by me will be signed using my OpenPGP key with the ID and fingerprint below. If ever I need to replace this key for any reason other than my key being compromised, I will use it to sign the new key.
- ID: 25EDFC7F2CA37481
- ID (Hexadecimal): 0x2CA37481
- Fingerprint: B716 5477 06C6 1798 FBB5 51D6 25ED FC7F 2CA3 7481
- If you encrypt any communications to me, I will respect your desire for private communications and encrypt my response to you, excepting cases where you fail to provide an appropriate OpenPGP or OTR key.
Data collected by this site
- IP address, web browser, and operating system information: logged for seven days for troubleshooting. Kept private.
- User name: required to register and log in. Displayed publicly with every post.
- Password: required to register and log in. Kept private.
- E-mail address: required for account activation and password reset, as well as optional notifications. Kept private by default, can be made public at your option.
- Real name. May be displayed publicly with your posts.
- Contact information other than your e-mail address, such as instant messaging addresses, social network profiles on other sites, etc. If added, this will be displayed publicly for other people to connect with you.
- Any content posted by you to this site, such as to the public timeline on our social network. Depending on the nature of your post, this may be private and visible to whomever you specify, or public and visible to everyone.
- Some parts of this site use browser cookies to keep you logged in and/or store site-related settings.
- These cookies are not used to track you in any way and are used strictly for the aforementioned purpose.
- DMCA takedown requests and reports of abuse may be sent to the e-mail address or Jabber ID listed on the contact me page.
- This site is not commercialized in any way nor specifically targetted toward children, therefor it is not bound by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). However, legally responsible parents and/or guardians may still provide consent for their children to be on this site, or request that I disable their child's account (assuming you can provide verifiable confirmation that your child is under 13 years of age and that you are the legally responsible parent or guardian of said child); please send an e-mail to the COPPA address listed on the contact me page.
- I reserve the right to moderate and remove any and all content on this site, and/or assign moderators to do this on my behalf.
- Due to the public nature of this site, I cannot be held liable for any content posted to this site, except content posted explicitly by me.
- I will comply with all legally enforceable (in the United States of America) orders requiring me to turn over data. Unless I am placed under a legally enforceable (in the United States of America) gag order, I will immediately notify those affected by all such court orders. I will also provide a warrant canary if/when I receive a court order.
Violations of the terms set forth in this document
If you violate these terms of service in any way, you may, depending on the severity of your violation, be permanently or temporarily banned from this site. Furthermore, if you violate the terms set forth in this document, you waive all right of expectation that I will be bound to these terms, and, if banned either temporarily or permanently, you understand that I may release any data belonging to you and/or any communication done by you through this service and/or any communication between you and me to any third party as I see fit.